July 21, 2008
I’m on my way to Colorado to see The Police at the Red Rocks Amphitheater.
Had some fun getting here:
– Got half way to the airport in Atlanta before I realized that the card I needed to claim the concert tickets at will call was on my desk.
– Got to the airport. Waded through security. was “reminded” that my leather-man ($80 knife) was in my briefcase.
– Walked to PO in airport. Mailed it to myself, went through security. again. from the back of the line.
– Grabbed ‘bourbon chicken & rice’ from the “take your chances” Asian concourse take out window. Ate.
– Got on the plane into my middle seat. Practiced my sardine impression.
– Started regretting lunch.
– Was in the bathroom (understandably for sometime) while someone pounded on the bathroom door. As I walked out I asked the guy waiting if he thought I was in there because it was the best seat in the house… He didn’t answer… I didn’t move. This went on for a bit. I asked him if he would like to USE the restroom. He said he would. I asked if he would like to use the restroom while I pounded on the door… He didn’t answer… I didn’t move. The apology came only after I reminded him that I could stand there all day – I had already used the restroom!
– We landed. Looked for a rental car. Apparently they are all laced with gold & come with a driver here. I decided to wait for the bus.
– 1 1/2 hours later I got on the right bus. 50 minutes later, I reached the hotel… err, motel… I’m sorry: “Inn”
Now the fun part:
I’m staying in this little shit hole on U of C campus. 3 blocks from Starbucks (where I am now.) 90 degrees with ZERO humidity – feels like 80. There is a river that dog legs 1/2 block from my hotel. The kids buy tubes from the gas station for $12 & walk 45 minutes up campus then tube down. Takes about 1/2 hour. Gonna go tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing some old friends tonight for dinner, then of course an amazing concert tomorrow. Home Wednesday. Maybe….
The weather is great, the view is fantastic – as is the scenery. I may stay, loose 40lbs, shave & crash a frat party. Anyone want to buy my house?
July 22, 2008
Is there something in the water over here? The ‘hot to not’ ratio for both women & men is off the charts! I would suspect I’ve landed in some cosmic ‘survival of the fittest’ breeding ground. All shapes, sizes and colors – in shape, the right size and perfectly tanned. Apparently there is something to be said for the land of the Granola people.
I’m going to go hug a tree and hope the best…